1. Have a realistic plan for your day. Don’t just work on impulse, and don’t do try to do more than you can handle.
2. Prioritize your work, and do the most important things first
3. Know what your distractions are, and take steps to control them (for example, switch off your phone)
4. Start early, and keep on going, even when you feel discouraged or fed up
5. Know what’s irrelevant, and don’t waste your time on unproductive, or pointless things
6. Switch between focused work and lots of short breaks
7. Be flexible if you meet with obstacles, or things don’t turn out the way you’d planned.