The chief commandment, or laws, of the Church are these six:
1. To assist at Mass on all Sunday and holydays of obligation.
2. To fast and to abstain on the days appointed
3. To confess our sins at least once a year.
4. To receive Holy Communion during Easter time.
5. To contribute to the support of the Church.
6. To observe the laws of the Church concerning marriage.
Besides these six, there are many other laws regulating the government of the Church and the administration of its affairs. The collection of laws binding in the Latin Church is contained in the official book called the Code of Canon Law.