If you find yourself doing the following, then the chances are that you’re procrastinating:
1. You fill your time with low priority tasks. That way it feels like you’re doing something – just not the most important stuff.
2. You keep checking tumblr, facebook, your email messages … basically, anything that serves as a distraction from getting down to work.
3. When you sit down to work, you get up almost immediately to get a coffee, a snack, to look for something you need, or to do something you’ve just remembered or thought about.
4. You leave important stuff on your “to do list” for long periods of time – so you get into the habit of just ignoring it.
5. You’re always waiting for the “right mood” so that you can really get started on those important tasks!