1. Make a genuine commitment to being a disciplined person.
2. Be honest about your weaknesses, distractions, and any habits that might knock you off your course.
3. Make a realistic plan. Write it down, or share it with a friend who will help you to be accountable.
4. Design your day to avoid temptations that will undermine your self discipline.
5. If necessary, change your routine.
6. Reward yourself for small steps in the right direction.
7. Although you are aiming to make change a habit, accept that there will be times when you fail – and if you do, just move on and then start again.