1. You feel secure with the person and are happy to commit to a relationship with them.
2. You don’t feel you need to hide anything from them.
3. You respect them, and they respect you. Neither feels superior to the other.
4. You are happy for their successes. You don’t feel as if you’re in competition with them, or that their successes make you feel inferior.
5. You don’t challenge, criticise or attack each other in front of others.
6. Neither of you is looking to the other to have unmet needs met, or to make up for personal feelings of lack or inadequacy.
7. You are happy for your partner to spend time with their family and other friends.
8. You don’t have a secret back up plan (“If he cheats, or leaves, me then I’ll … “If he does X then I’ll do Y”)
9. You inspire each other to be better people.
10. You know that they’ll always be there for you.