1) Remember that healing is a long slow process – Breaking up is painful and unleashes strong emotions, so be gentle with yourself, and allow yourself to grieve.
2) Accept some relationships are not meant to last – It’s a fact of life that we all want different things, and we’re not always suited to the person we are dating.
3) Reflect on what you learnt from the relationship – so you grow through your experience, and become more self-aware.
4) Rediscover who you are as a unique individual – We can sometimes lose ourselves when we’re part of a couple, so use the time to focus on yourself again.
5) Use this time to invest in your interests and passions – There’s so much more to life, than being with one person. So, use this time to do the things you really love to do.