1. Think before you speak as you can’t take back your words.
2. Don’t say anything until you’re feeling calm. We often regret what we say when we are mad.
3. Be simple and clear when you express what bothered you. Don’t be disrespectful, rude or hyper-critical.
4. Choose to leave the room or to distract yourself when you feel your emotions are really being stirred.
5. Try, if you can, to get some exercise as that reduces stress, and changes physiology.
6. Think about the people you enjoy being with, as that will remind you that not everyone is bad.
7. Try to plan ahead so you have some strategies when you feel the anger rising, and you need to take control.