1. Try not to take it personally. Some relationships were never meant to be, and some simply don’t work out in the end. It isn’t always a reflection on you (or even them).
2. Act as if you’re happy, and are coping, with your life. Often, “fake it till you make” can make a difference. It can give you needed strength so you can make it through each day.
3. Choose to be thankful for the happy memories; and choose to forgive all the heartache and the pain.
4. See this as a stepping stone – the future lies ahead. You may still meet someone special who will bring you happiness!
5. Let go of the old memories, the unmet expectation, the bitter disappointments and frustrated hopes and dream. Only then will you be ready to live and love again.
6. Be patient, understanding and kind to yourself. It takes time to recover from a major loss in life.