1. Write down all the reasons why you think it’s bad for you to keep on being a part of this love relationship.
2. Try to call to mind the pain and hurtful memories, and all the times you’ve wished that your heart was free again.
3. Identify and list all the different ways you’ve changed, and become less of your self with this person’s in your life.
4. Remind yourself of how you’ve tried to try to keep the love alive – and how it hasn’t worked, or left you feeling satisfied.
5. Think about and celebrate the ways you think you’ll change if you can end things now, and can love somebody else.
6. Image being strong enough to make a lasting break, and doing what is best for the “you” you want to be.
7. Think of things you’ll do to fill the void it leaves behind – so you are not pulled back when you’re hit with loneliness.
8. Remember what was good – for not everything was bad. Be thankful for the lessons, and the memories you have.