1. Look for role models – People like you who are living the kind of life you’d like to lead. Notice their attitudes, the kinds of things they do – then start by copying one or two things they do.
2. Have a plan – You need to have a plan so you know where you are going, and the steps you’ll need to take to get you there eventually.
3. Turn positive actions into a habit – That will help them to become a way of life for you – so those attitudes you’re faking will soon feel natural.
4. Recognise that this life is the only life you have – And it’s up to you alone to decide who you’ll become. So make some decisions that reflect the real true you – and don’t be afraid to take a risk or chance.
5. Read, think for yourself, and stand up for what you want – You have every right to feel and to act confident, and to have your own opinions, and you own points of view. So know your own mind and speak up, be bold and act.
6. Recognise that it’s hard work to step out and take a chance – But that courage is inside you, even when you feel afraid. Just do one thing at a time, don’t give up, and persevere.