1. Recognize that we are all different and unique. That can make it hard for us to understand each other but it also makes life more interesting. Choose to value that uniqueness in others.
2. Learn to accept your weaknesses and don’t expect yourself and others to be perfect. We’re all on a journey and, usually, change is a slow process.
3. Know your triggers. Try to be aware of what annoys and upsets you – then prepare in advance so that you act, and don’t react.
4. Slowly count to ten, and take some slow deep breaths, before you open your mouth and say something you’ll regret.
5. Try to broaden your perspective, and see things from different angles. It makes you more understanding, and more compassionate.
6. Decide to laugh a lot more and to take life less seriously. That way, you’ll feel less frustrated and you’ll feel much happier.