1. Ignore your feelings when they say to put walls … and actively decide to build a bridge instead.
2. Don’t compare yourself to others, or attack yourself. Appreciate your talents and the things that make you “you.”
3. Pay attention to your thoughts when you feel anxious or afraid. Imagine being successful, and relaxed, and popular.
4. Focus on what’s best in others; validate their gifts and strengths.
5. Avoid touchy topics; don’t be boring or offensive; and notice when it’s time to let another take the stage.
6. Try to focus more on others and the things that interest them. Avoid the trap of talking about me, me, me!
7. Be genuine and real – as that puts others at their ease … and others are more likely to be natural as well.