1. Don’t see it as personal. We all have time when we feel lonely and alone.
2. Learn to enjoy your own company. See it as a time to reflect on your life, and really think through what you want for yourself.
3. Find different things you can do, and enjoy, by yourself. Also, developing new interests will stop you feeling bored.
4. Spend time looking after a pet or animal. Pets are consistent, loyal and reliable. They’ll never hurt your feelings, and they’re good company.
5. Talk to other people that you meet casually (at the checkout, in a queue, or when you’re ordering some food). You’re likely to find you get a warm response – and that will remind you that you’re actually OK!
6. Don’t let this bad experience undermine your confidence. Keep reaching out to others, and one day things will change – and you’ll find other people who like to be with you.