1. Stop discounting your successes – start affirming them instead. Don’t say “Oh, it’s nothing” or “Everyone could do that”. Treat, and talk to, yourself as you would a good friend.
2. Develop a positive attitude, and choose to get your mind off the negatives. For example, write down three things that went well each day, and three separate things that you are thankful for.
3. Work on your appearance; make an effort to look good. That doesn’t always have to cost the earth – and you’ll feel much happier and more confident.
4. Don’t be a doormat – or just follow the crowd. Think about your needs and what YOU want from life.
5. Be willing to take risks. If you don’t take a risk then nothing’s going to change – and you’ll be stuck in a rut going nowhere in life.