1. Remind them of all the kind and thoughtful things they’ve done for you, and for the other people in their life.
2. Remind them of times when they’ve pushed ahead, and kept on going, even when it was hard.
3. Remind them of the times when things worked out eventually, and their efforts were rewarded, and they reached a personal goal.
4. Remind of the funny things they’ve said and done, and the times when you have laughed, and shared some happy memories.
5. Show them they are worthwhile and are valuable by doing something special that makes them feel they’re loved.